2.5K views

I have watched CNBC for 25 years. Joe Kernen has become unacceptable, unwatchable and completely political.

He talks over everyone who has an opinion that he does not like. I remember Robert Rubin's recent interview. I was looking forward to listening to him not Kernan's political diatribe. Rubin treated him like a child to get throuh the interview while making his points.

As I recall he did the same thing to Lawrence Summers. He and Jack Welch were revolting. Two angry, defensive old men. While Kernan is not old he acts that way.

He constantly puts down Andrew Sorkin. I can guess it's jealousy. When I want politics I watch CNN, MSNBC, etc. Even on on the stand in cohosts this week had enough of him paraphrasing he said dicustedly that he always lets his politics hang out for all to see.

Shup him up or delete him. Donna Cianelli

Product or Service Mentioned: Cnbc Reporter.

Comments

I agree totally. He constantly berates analysts because they don’t come out and say the market will go up 30% every year.

Easy to just sit in the chair and make your snide comments when people are not investing their money on your word. Put him on the comedy channel he just wants to do stand up...

#1820856

Joe K has to go !!! It’s a business show, it’s ( NOT The JOE Kernan Show ) He takes over the conversation, he does not let the “ Guest “ put in 2 cents worth !!! It’s because of him I have stoped watching your morning show, I get my morning financial news via the internet, then I watch Jim, David, Carl they are great together informative, knowledgeable & none are *** like Joe K — let him go to FOX !!!!!!!

joe kiernan is rude. I turn the channel if he speaks.

CNBC must love controversy !!! The crew is at Davos this week and Joe Kernen continues to both suck up to Donald Trump, while belittling and interrupting guests who attempt to offer their concerns about climate change.

Kernen rewarded Trump with an extremely soft interview, almost exclusively extolling our strong economy, while only tiptoeing around a few of the controversial issues related to all else. When Trump appeared to grow even slightly annoyed at even the mention of the "I" word or anything controversial, Kernen immediately agreed with Trump that he was being unfairly attacked by the left. Kernen clearly prefers being Trump's go to guy on CNBC, rather than holding on to any of his credibility as a business commentator. Kernen should move to FOX.....the whacky Lou Dobbs' fan base could use new blood.

Just prior to Trump's interview... as usual, Kernen interrupted the later part of an excellent interview by Andrew Sorkin with Morgan Stanley CEO, James Gorman just as the interview moved from the economy to the subject of climate change. Gorman handled the mocking interruptions very deftly, however Kernen hijacked this portion of the interview for Trump's benefit. Kernen treats Sorkin with open disdain.

Both Trump and Kernen are bullies..... but only Kernen is a pathetic sycophant,

@PissedConsumer1812824

right on, bro!

I agree

I do not watch CNBC to hear Joe Kernen’s or anyone else’s political views. This is purportedly a financial market program, is it not?

Joe should be muzzled or removed.

I too will have to switch to Bloomberg if no change occurs. Also his ad hominem attacks on Andrew are a complete turnoff!

@PissedConsumer1800014

Agree totally! Why is he still there!?

Estrellita

I totally agree with everything you said. I can no longer watch CNBC in the morning because of that awful Joe Kerman!

I have to get my financial news elsewhere. I too have been a viewer for over 25 years! Why does the network keep him? He must have a very good contract?

I agree that he is probably jealous of Andrew. I don’t know how Andrew tolerated him!

Joe K belongs on a nice low volume studio

Can’t watch Squawk unless he is on vacation. Rambles, mumbles and rudely talks over co-hosts and guests. Please get rid of him!

Joe talks over anyone he does not like in less than 30 seconds, often less than 5 seconds. Please tell him to let spin down, and let others talk.

I turn off sound/turn off TV when Joe is on - he is freaking annoying. ( Brian Sullivan same). Will not watch

Turning everything into a political discussion is unacceptable. I no longer watch CNBC when Kernen is on the air

I totally agree, this has become so political stuttering Joe should go. He would be a better fit at Fox News.

Squawk Box is unwatchable when Joe Kernan is not on. The whole show has gone down hill since that abysmal presidential debate performance. If you get rid of one, you should clean house with all of them.

right on I've been wondering why if kept him for years such a condescending arrogant person

Agree he’s an idiot

Amalie

I can’t stand this guy. He talks over everyone.

I’m in CA and I have to wake up to and listen to this clown every morning.

He is not good for Pre-Open of anything. Please shut this guy down.

He fumbles through words. Acts like a know it all. And tired of seeing him and his man ***

CNBC Reviews